Monday, February 13, 2006

WU - Feb 08th, 2006

This past week has been a knock-out! Just crazy! Here are some of the happenings…

Last Saturday, we were out knocking doors and found a Spanish family. They couldn’t speak much English and I, once again, felt guilty for not trying HARDER to learn Spanish when my mother did her best to teach me. Anyways, they were really nice and we setup an appointment to go visit them again this Saturday (the 11th)… At least, I think we set that up. Give me a break! We were both, literally, talking two different languages. So, hopefully that will go well.

Also last Saturday, we went to eat dinner at the Stewart’s home. Bro. Stewart came and picked us up and while we rode to his house, he informed us that Dalton Waddell was hit by a car earlier that day!!! He’s only 7! He was trying to cross the street of a fairly busy road on his bicycle and got hit by a car! He was flown by helicopter to the Children’s Mercy Hospital about an hour drive away. He was messed up pretty bad and to make it even worse, he wasn’t wearing a helmet. (Wear your helmet kids!!!) I could hardly believe it. Dalton is such an active boy, such a joy. I was worried for him and his family. I immediately said a prayer in my heart for both of them. (I love prayer. You can do it anytime)

On Sunday Nicole McCann came to church and I think she’s really starting to enjoy and feel more comfortable there. I couldn’t wait to see them again on Tuesday to invite both of them to be baptized (more on that in a few paragraphs)!

Also on Sunday, elder Walton and I taught from Preach My Gospel. It was the second part of two teaching sessions that we were asked to do by the ward to help everyone become familiar with the missionary manual. I love that book. It makes the gospel simple and clear to understand. We also taught the third lesson (“The Gospel of Jesus Christ”) to everyone there including Nicole McCann, they just didn’t know it. (pretty sneaky, huh? *smile*)

After church on Sunday, elder Walton had arranged to eat dinner at a member’s home that he knew would let us watch the Super-Bowl. (He was also being sneaky) So, we went there and I used the time to go through a lot of pictures that I’d taken with my digital camera (Thanks Mom and Dad). But I’ll confess, I did watch some of the commercials. Some of them made me laugh really hard.

On Monday, I went up to Kansas City and traded companions (it’s called “team-ups”) for the day. My companion for Monday was named elder Gowdy. He was a good guy! A good missionary. I got a lot of good ideas just by watching his example. I was glad to spend a day with him. Oh my goodness! Funny story (might not be for the kids). While trying to meet with some of the appointments they’d made for that day (none of which were home), we had an encounter with “Lady Zee”… HAHA! It was a h**ker! Can you believe that?! (probably) Eeewww! Gross! She asked me “So, you da big man?” I immediately said; “Nope. That’s this guy!” And pointed to elder Gowdy! (LOL) She handed back the pass-along card that we’d given her for a free Book of Mormon and said: “Are you gonna kaw (call) me?” To which elder Gowdy cleverly responded: “Why?! You want a free book?!” She gave him this look that said “Are you kidding? I’m a h**ker, don’t you get it?” It was so funny.

There were some other things but I’m out of time. I’ll have to send this off a week late as it is. I’m trying to get better at it but I’m stuck trying to get all the stuff that’s really fun\neat or worth mentioning down in the time I have at the computer. Well, take care everybody I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home