Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Weekly Update - Aug 08, 2007 (from elder Penrod)

August 8th, 2007
Okay everyone, this one's been long overdue! (Especially for some of you in beloved Olathe, KS!!! - Hi!!! Let me know how you all are doing. I love you and can't wait to see you again soon)

Before I say anything else, I'd like to announce something way cool!!! MY DAD GOT HIMSELF A PRIVATE PILOT'S LICENSE!!! That is so cool, dad!!! I can't wait for my turn. Okay, now that I'm done bragging about my dad. On to the Update.

It is August and it is hot, hot, HOT! Not to mention Thick! Now, I don't mind hot weather, but I will be glad when it's over. This Sunday will mark my 22 month mark!!! I can hardly believe it! It's going by so fast! I'll be home on October 19, 2007 unless something changes. (Mom, I can almost see you beside yourself with excitement!!! I'm also getting excited, but I can honestly say, I'm not getting "Trunky."... Yes, that's totally possible! I can hardly wait to see you too, Mom... and Dad... and Family!!!)

So, I'm the District Leader here in Higginsville, MO!!! Which means, I'm the one that makes sure that everyone is doing the things they need to do and being the best they can be. I'm really no different than the other missionaries, other than I am the one that has the responsability to watch over and look after them. But I have a GREAT district. I don't have to "babysit" anybody. I am truly blessed. I like it! There's so much to do as a District Leader, but it's all worth it. The Lord really does help us magnify our calling. I've noticed that when I'm doing my best, the Lord, literally, makes up the difference! It's great. I love being a missionary!

I would also like to say that I'm feeling GREAT! I am happy and even though, every now and again, we are ill-received; for the most part, we are treated very well! The Branch here is Wonderful! I love them so much. They are full of Faith and Hope and Love. They also help with the missionary work so much! It is my desire to do all in my power to help them grow and feel the love I have towards them. They're great. They really are.

Well, we have been witnessing some amazing miracles here!!! Just yesterday we saw a wedding proposal, someone accept baptism, three friends gather up their cigarettes, crush them and throw them in a garbage can and we saw one of our Part-Member Family, "eterni-gators" accept a challenge to pray and ask God if he should be baptized this month!!! And we're fasting (and praying) for all of these people right now!

It's amazing!!! It's not just in our area either. The other companionships in the District are on fire! I was asked by the Zone Leaders (via elder Whittier's message -He's one of the A.P.s) to find out WHY?! In speaking with them yesterday (for media updates) I had the distinct impression that our success is directly associated with our concern for exact obedience. I felt that the elders are concerned with and striving to be exactly obedient and that's why the Lord's been blessing us so much.

It's so exciting to be a part of this. I spoke with Elder Crandall and told him: "You wanted to see a miracle and now they're all around us!" He said: "I know, it's amazing! I'm so excited."

I'm going to wrap this up, but before I go, I do have a question. My companion and I get along. But I don't feel there's really a good friendship yet. Now, I understand that it takes time sometimes. But I was wondering... What are some things that have helped each of you? I do love him and we pray for each other, I just feel something's missing. Does that make sense? So, send your ideas of little things that I can do to serve him and let him know that I love him. Because I do! He is AMAZING on the Piano!!! In case that bit of info helps at all.

Okay, did I get everything?... Weather, Miracles in the Missionary Work, how I'm feeling... Okay. I think that's it. Take care.

Your Son, Brother and Friend:
~Elder Garn Mosiah Penrod

P.S. Cynthia Johnson (one of my friends) says "hi!" - she's a friend of one of the members here in the Branch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home