Thursday, May 18, 2006

Weekly Update May 17th, 2006

May 17th, 2006

I know. I know! I haven’t done this for about three weeks, I’m sorry! I’m here now, so I’ll get typing.

Today is Elder Lokey’s 21st Birthday! … And it’s P-day (Preparation Day. That’s just code for: We get a break!) We’re going to play Paintball today!!! That should prove to be a lot of fun! It was last time and I suspect it will be this time too.

Just in case any of you are wondering; Yes, Matthew Cox got baptized!!! That was so neat. He asked me to do it too! I had no idea he’d do that and it came as a very pleasant surprise. I felt very privileged and honored to do that for him.

Our whole mission was able to have a three hour question answer session with Elder Bednar, an Apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. That was an amazing experience! One that I will never forget. If any of you want to know more about that, just let me know and I’ll do what I can. (That whole time issue. I’m sure you understand.)

Last Sunday was Mother’s Day, which meant I GOT TO CALL HOME!!!!! Holy cow! What a delight that was! I got to speak with everyone too. AND I got to speak with my sweetheart, Megan. That was wonderful! My dad was at home and I was able to speak with him too. We just talked. I didn’t really care what it was about (In this case, it happened to be about retirement and the Navy and Work and my mission). Just the fact that we talked was great. Like a conversation between friends. I really liked that. And then, I got to talk with my little brothers and sisters… ALL OF THEM! Yes, including Shaun! We called at an overlapping time and then got connected to each other. We were able to speak for a little bit and that was awesome! He asked me questions about my mission and I asked him questions about his. We laughed and joked and I was able to tell him that I miss him and that I love him. And then, of course, I got to speak with my mother. I was really looking forward to that, because I realized that I hadn’t written as often as I should and that I needed her to know just how much I love her. Which I did. It was so good to talk to her and let her know that. She told me some of the things going on at home and I told her some of the things going on here in Kansas. I love my mom. I love my family!!! To anyone reading this, your family is the greatest blessing in your life! They are people you can always count on to love and support you. Treat them right! Treat them well! Be kind, loving and PATIENT with them! You will be blessed for such kindness, love and patience… Promise!

Well, tonight, we’re going to go see the BYU Young Ambassadors perform their “Circle of Life” show. I’m so excited! I’ve never had the chance to see one of their shows, so I’m really looking forward to that.

Oh! And one more thing worth mentioning (and then I have to go. Time’s running out). Remember, that the witness comes only AFTER your faith has been tried! My faith in many things was tried on Sunday and Monday, and AFTER I decided to exercise faith and place trust in all those people, I received comfort and peace. And then, I received my witness, in the form of a letter, that turned my faith into knowledge and I was left Thanking my Father in Heaven for His love and concern for me and His many blessings.

All of us have a Father in Heaven who knows us personally. He knows our struggles, our strengths and our desires. And if we are faithful and TRUST Him, He will bless us in ways that we can’t even imagine. And we will be happy. I love my Father in Heaven and I know He loves me. I know that He loves and cares about each and every one of you too!

Take care, everyone. I should be able to write the updates regularly again. So, you can feel free to expect them again.

I love ya!
~Elder Penrod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home