Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Weekly Update 3 - Derby 2 - Apr 26 2006

April 26th, 2006

Okay. So, elder Lokey (not “Loki” ) is awesome! He’s so funny! I enjoy serving with him. I’m actually “killing” him. Which is missionary lingo for: “this is his last transfer (reminder: transfer = 6 weeks) as a missionary. Then he goes home.” Get it? I thought it was pretty funny when. Anyways, I’m not too worried that he’ll lose focus (even though he’s got less than 5 weeks to go). He’s a good worker and I know that I can learn a LOT from him. I just need to pay attention.

Guess what everybody?! Matt’s accepted to be baptized THIS Saturday!!! I’m so excited for him!!! I’m also excited for the ward too. This will be the first convert baptism in a year and a half! That’s crazy! So, hopefully this will get them all excited about missionary work again. I think it will.

Also, last Thursday was the first day I rode on a bike! So, I guess I’m steadily doing all the things that will make me a “real missionary.” So yeah. That was neat.

Hmm… I’m sorry. I’m drawing a whole lot of nothing right now. OH!!! We got like, 8 referrals from members!!! We were able to go see all but one of them! That’s really good! We don’t ever get that many referrals all at once and the fact that we were able to contact them all so soon is awesome!

Well, thank you all for your prayers. I need all of them. I’m learning and growing so much and I know that I’m becoming a better person because I am serving a mission. If there’s a question in your mind, I have the answer for you… SERVE A MISSION! You’ll never regret serving an HONORABLE mission. Never!

I love you all!
~Elder Penrod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home