Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Weekly Update - May 24, 2006

May 24th, 2006
I can’t stand being sick!!! You won’t believe this! I have Strep Throat AGAIN!!! I felt it coming on and went to the doctor yesterday and he told me that I was right, it was strep. I got a shot and more pills. Ask anyone who knows me and they’ll tell you just how much I like taking pills (I HATE IT!).

Anyways, on with the update. This last week not much has happened. Almost all the people we’ve been teaching have dropped out of our teaching pool. There’s only one person we’re really teaching right now and her name is Mary Miller. She came to church last Sunday and said she liked it except for the fact that it was really long. She wasn’t used to church taking longer than just one hour, but she liked it. We’re going to see her again on Friday. So, I’m praying that’ll go well.

We had President’s interviews yesterday and I was very pleased with how they went. President was pleased with me too. I also found out that I might be able to go to the temple while I’m a missionary after all! If (WHEN!) any of the people that I helped baptize go to the temple in a year, then President Hacking will do what he can to help me get there with them! That’s so cool!

Well, I have to take off now. My companion’s kicking me off. He’s really excited to go play basketball. It’s one of the things he wanted to do before he goes home. That’s right, he goes home a week from Friday. Crazy, huh?!

I love each of you and I’ll keep you posted on what’s going on here. Sorry there hasn’t been much lately, but the work IS moving forward. Slowly, but surely, it’s moving forward. And I’m so thankful to be a part of it! (Even if I do have Strep. *smile*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home