Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weekly Update - Aug 22, 2007

Aug 22nd, 2007

I want to Thank all of you again for offering so freely suggestions and ideas for helping my companion and me grow closer in friendship and unity. It has worked. We've found what helps us get along and we just need to make sure that we keep doing that and I know that the Lord will see our honest efforts and make up the difference. We are strengthening our friendship. So, Thank you all!

While we've been here in the Concordia Branch, we've really been looking for chances to serve the members here. We've found plenty of opportunity to serve the community (service at the Senior Center) but we wanted to serve the members of the Church too. So, this week we have a few projects to accomplish. The first of which is mowing a lawn. Which we will do later today. So, I'm excited about that. I love the members and the people here.

Well, we've had a baptism here this last week. Her name was Jane Rhodes. There's another one scheduled for this Sunday and ANOTHER one on the 7th of September! The Lord is POURING out His blessings! And I KNOW it's because of our obedience! I have learned so much on my mission about obedience! I'm so happy that I came.

May I share something with you? I realized, while thinking back on it, that right before my mission was the most unfocused, unmotivated, confused, distracted time of my entire LIFE!!! I realize now that the Adversary was doing all in his power to keep me from serving my mission. I must have looked and seemed very foolish to some of your who were watching me. And yet, you all loved and encouraged me to go and Serve the Lord. Thank You! Know that I wasn't always that unfocused, unmotivated, confused and distracted. And that I have since regained and enhanced those skills. I have grown as a missionary. And soon, you will SEE that! I have greater love and respect for Sacred things and, in like manner, encourage others to "let sacred things remain sacred."

There is much more I'd like to say and share but I have not the time to get it all in.

You are all in my prayers and I long for the day that I can again be in your company.

Until then, I'll remain a Faithful, Full-Time Missionary!!!

Your Son, Brother and Friend:
~Elder Garn Mosiah Penrod

P.S. Thank you family for the packages! That'll sure make turning 22 something fun and different from the normal routine. I love you!

P.P.S. If this message ever finds you: HAPPY Birthday! Jenny (from California!), Richard Ethington (an old companion) and Allison (spelling? - From California. The awesome artist!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home