Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WU - Derby, KS - Mar 15th, 2006

Mar 15th, 2006

Well, I'm now writing everyone from the State of Kansas. I think that so far, the best definition for my 6 days spent here is: un-exciting. But that's okay. I'm fine with that. My new companion is a one Elder Bascom. He's the district leader for this neck of the woods and I enjoy him. He's cool and level-headed but not afraid to laugh or have fun. He's a good, well-rounded guy. I'll be looking forward to reporting the Missionary Work's progress in this area as I serve with him.

Last week, I was unable, due to time constrictions, to write my weekly update to everybody. But, in all honesty, there really wasn’t much to report. I was able to say goodbye to the families that I was really going to miss and give them my contact info and all that jazz. I can’t really remember that far back. (Sad, I know. Good thing I’m keeping a fairly good journal, huh?)

This last Sunday was this Stake’s Stake Conference (Stake Conference, for anyone who may not already know, is a big meeting where multiple wards (or groups of people who live in a geographical location) gather to listen to speakers and learn from their leaders. So, as a result, I have no idea who I’ll be working with this next transfer and I won’t until Sunday. Oh, well. That’s fine with me.

We’ve only successfully met with one of our investigators and have had no new finds since I’ve been here. But that will hopefully change soon.

I’m alive and well. Actually, NOW I’m well. I had the stomach flu on Monday. I couldn’t keep ANYTHING down. It was horrible, I hate being sick. I’m never sick. In fact, I realized that I’ve been more sick on my mission than I ever have before and I’m convinced it’s because of where I am. I don’t imagine that I will be living here… ever! (I know, I’ve just “condemned myself.” But I have the cure! Ready?! Knock on wood! HA!)

I’ve been out for just over 5 months now! I can’t believe it! That, I think is safe to say, the fastest moving five months I’ve ever experienced! It’ll all be 1/4th over before I know what happened.

Well, I have to go. There’s a few thing that we need to get done before we pass off the car. Oh yeah! We have a car in this area again! My last area, we didn’t have a car while I served with elder Walton. So, I’m excited for that.

Anyways, until next week. I love you all!

~Elder Penrod

P.S. Here's my new address again. Just in case...
1500 E TAll Tree Rd
Apt# 36-102
Derby, KS
67037

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home