Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Weekly Update - June 7th, 2006

June 7th, 2006
Alrighty! So, guess what?! Yesterday I got to go to the zoo! Isn’t that exciting?! 10 Elders all went as volunteers and we all helped there doing miscellaneous tasks like weeding, and cleaning animal food trays and stuff like that. We also got to feed the Chimpanzees! So, that was all lots of fun.

My new, companion, elder Shinkle is a great guy. He likes to work too! So, that’s awesome! I’m really excited to teach with him.

As far as the people we’re teaching right now. We have a few that I’m really excited for! I really hope to see them progress and accept the gospel. I know that they will love the gospel and I think they are all really listening and thinking about what we share with them. But, more importantly, I believe they are praying about what we share with them. And that’s the most important part! I mean, we can talk and teach and testify until the sun goes down and we’re both blue in the face and that would be fine and all, but it would do very little for whomever we’re teaching. Because the spirit is what tells them that what we’re teaching is true. And when they pray and ask God for an answer for themselves about what we’re teaching, then the spirit can answer their prayers and then they’ll KNOW! They won’t have to just trust us anymore, because they’ll know for themselves. Because they received their own answer. I love that! As a missionary, all I really do us teach, testify and invite the spirit. It is then totally up to the people that we’re teaching whether or not they’ll pray about it and see if it’s true. Whether or not to use their faith and just ASK their Father in Heaven. I know that when we pray sincerely, our Heavenly Father answers us. He might not right away, but He always answers.

The weather here is getting very, very warm. Now, when I say “warm”, I actually mean “hot!” And that wouldn’t be so bad, because I like the heat. What makes this whole weather thing somewhat problematic is the fact that it hasn’t been anything less than 90% humidity in the past few months!!! It’s sticky!!! Yuck!!! So, wherever you are, whoever you may be. If you think the weather’s miserable where you are now, take comfort in knowing that far away, in the land of Derby… it’s WORSE for elder Penrod! *chuckle*

Well, everyone. I’m hoping that you all find these updates to be informative, entertaining, enlightening and all that jazz. I enjoy writing them and trying to keep everyone posted.

I love you and I’m am very grateful for your prayers, your support and your love. They all mean very much to me. So, thank you!

Your son, brother and friend;
~Elder Penrod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home