Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Weekly Update - Sep 13th, 2006

September 13th, 2006

Well, I’m slowly and surely learning the Olathe 1st ward. I love being a missionary and I LOVE teaching the gospel!

Right now, we’re teaching a man named Stephen (sp?) Turley. He’s awesome. He’s sincerely looking for truth and last night, when we challenged him for baptism, he told us that he would when he got an answer to his prayers. I know he will. He is honestly seeking truth and therefore, is entitled to an answer to prayers offered up in faith. I love it! I don’t really have to do anything. I’m just a messenger. The Spirit tells me what to say and then testifies to those listening that it’s true! Then, it’s up to them to use their faith and act on it.

The gospel is so simple, it’s beautiful really. I love it and I’m so blessed to be preaching it. I find that as I do, I’m learning more and more. Here a little, there a little. It’s wonderful.

As for the work here. There’s still much to be done! We’re helping it move forward and we’re starting to teach more people than have been taught here for a LONG time. So that’s exciting. I’m still praying to be stronger and a better, more powerful tool in the Lord’s hands. I feel the difference in me as I read and pray daily and I know that God is looking out for me.

I love the Book of Mormon! I’ve just finished the Isaiah chapters in 2nd Nephi. I need to learn to love those chapters more because I’m so HAPPY to be finished with them! Because, now I’m going to start getting to all the stuff that I love! Abinidi, Alma, Noah, Mosiah, King Benjamin… I LOVE the Book of Mormon!!!

Anyways, I have to take off. Thank you all for your prayers! Keep ‘em coming please. They’re needed.

Your Son, Brother and Friend:
~Elder Garn Mosiah Penrod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home