Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Weekly Update - July 12th, 2006

July 12th, 2006
Oh my WOW! It’s been nine months to the day! I have no idea how this last six weeks went by so fast. It’s mind-boggling!

Well, I have to make this quick. Like I mentioned last week, (I think I mentioned it last week??? And if I didn’t, I’m mentioning it now.) transfers was this week. We got the call last night and we’re both staying here in Derby!!! Yeah! That’s shat I wanted. I’m so excited to see what’s going on here. I’ve been blessed to be a part of the work here and I really think that I’ll be blessed to see some of the fruits of the labors being performed here. The family that I told you all about before, the Kessel family, are wonderful. We’re seeing them tomorrow morning and I can’t wait! You can tell that they want to learn about the gospel. I’m so glad we’ll get to teach them.

Last week, we found a “lost sheep” while tracting. His name is Jason Robinson. He was baptized a member of the church and grew up in an active family but went inactive a while ago. He told us that he’s been thinking a lot about God and Church and then we showed up. As we were speaking with him you could tell that he really wanted to come back to church. We told him when the Church services were held and where the meeting was. And we saw him on Sunday! That was awesome. We’re going to be praying for him quite a bit and doing what we can to help him feel welcome again. It’s just like the story of the Prodigal Son in the Bible. I love that story because the Father, as SOON as he sees his repentant son, RUNS to receive him with open arms! It shows the love that our Father in Heaven has for us and that it’s never too late to change in this life. I love it. He’s making necessary changes in his life and I know that God will bless him.

Well, I have to wrap this up and send it off. I’m about to go spend the last P-Day we’ll have together with Elder Wilson and his companion, Elder Jackson. They’re both getting transferred and I’ll miss them very much.

Take care. I love each of you and hope that life is treating you well.

Your Son, Brother and Friend;
~Elder Garn Mosiah Penrod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home