Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Weekly Update - June 28th, 2006

June 28th, 2006
Well, this is the last day I'll be here at the Golf Course. We've been moving for the past few days which means we've accomplished a lot less missionary work than we'd like to. We'll be glad when the whole move is done. The Assistants (the "APs") helped us move our furniture on Monday and we've been moving everything else on our own since then. Not to mention cleaning and all that other stuff. But hey, it's almost done. (Hooray!)

  Okay, on with the good stuff. You know, the missionary side of everything? Well, Frank Kidd is still Awesome and still set for Baptism as far as we know. We aren't going to do it this Saturday because he wasn't able to make it to church. We think there was a miscommunication as far as the rides were concerned and so we'll make sure that doesn't happen again. We were really bummed we didn't see him there and so, we called him a lot and he wouldn't answer our calls! So we went to go see him and he didn't answer his door! We were really worried and we didn't know what to do other than keep praying for him and keep trying to call him. So we did. We got through to him yesterday and he told us that his life has been really hectic lately and that he'd tell us everything when see him again. So, we'll see what's up then. Say a prayer for him and us both if you can.

  Also, yesterday we had President's interviews. I love going to see the President! I asked him for a blessing which he gladly gave me. I love the priesthood! I know I now have the strength to carry on stronger and more valiant than before and I'm so thankful for that. I needed that boost.

  Elder Shinkle and I are getting along great. He's a great teacher and a wonderful companion. I'm glad to be serving with him here in Derby. I love this ward too. I'm not so sure I'm going to stay another transfer here and if that's the case, than I know I'm going to miss them all a great deal.

  One more thing before I takeoff to play ramball (what's "ramball"? Keep reading). Last night we set someone else for Baptism!!! Her name is Trista. She's a mother of two and married to a serviceman who works at McConnell AFB and all she has to do is quit smoking. If all goes well, she'll be baptized on July 15th! She is certainly in our prayers and I'm excited that the work is moving along so well. I'm honored to be a part of that.

I love being a missionary! I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support you give me.

Your Son, brother and friend:
 ~Elder Penrod

P.S. Ramball = A super fun game you play with a basketball on a tennis court. I'll tell you more about sometime. Shaun, You'd love to play this with your district!

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger romanian cracker said...

Mr. G,
just wanted to wish you a happy independence day. keep fighting the good fight.

love,
JoJo

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger romanian cracker said...

Mr. G,
just wanted to wish you a happy independence day. keep fighting the good fight.

love,
JoJo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home