Thursday, August 03, 2006

August 2nd, 2006
Well, today was a whole lot of fun! We went paintballing again and
we had a lot of people there. About 20! With 20 people playing that
makes for a fun crowd. I finally got Cortez today. And it was so good!
I could have walked up to him… literally! But I chose to stay back and
just shoot him. Tons of fun! That's all I've got to say.
Moving on.
The work is moving along here. As we involve the members more, we're
seeing a lot more happen! Someone we've been teaching for a while is
"DeWayne Kitchen". I'll tell you what, he's awesome! I KNOW he'll be
baptized soon! That's so exciting! I've seen him progress in the
Gospel so much! I hope to be here when that happens!
Something that happened that was pretty neat. It happened a while
ago (2 weeks-ish), but that's okay. This Story just shows how the Lord
looks after His missionaries.

My Companion and I were riding back to our apartment from a teaching
appointment. (which wound up being, us helping Gary Bell. Replace the
water pump on his brother's car) It was late, so we were going just as
FAST as we could on our bikes. We get to the last road before we get
home and part of it is downhill. So, we're going pretty fast. I was
trailing my companion pretty close and the thought comes to me: "if he
wrecks, you'll be too close to stop." So, I let him get a little
farther ahead of me and didn't think twice about it. Not, but a few
moments later, my companion wrecks!!! He goes over his handlebars and
does a roll or two. I was able to hit my brakes and slide out of the
way. I actually shifted all my weight so quickly that my bike slide
out from under me. It all happened so fast! But, here's the part that
I want to share. Neither my companion, nor I were hurt. I didn't have
a scratch and my companion only has a bruise. But that's it! Nothing
more serious than that. After the wreck I asked him "Are you okay?" He
said he was, and then we quickly checked and found our bikes in
working order. So, I said: "Alright! We'll thank God for that when we
pray tonight. Let's go!" And we both hopped back on our bikes and rode
home.

So, I hope you all liked that story. I know that the Lord does watch
over His missionaries and His children. He knows and loves all of us
and I'm thankful to be counted among those who are serving Him and
Preaching the Gosepl.

I love you all! Take care.

Your Brother, Son and Friend;
~Elder Garn Mosiah Penrod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home